Safety Should Be the Primary Concern of Any Thorough Home Inspection
My home was built in 1999 and at the time, smoke detectors were not required in the bedrooms, only in the hall near the bedroom area. If I were inspecting a home from that time frame that had not been brought up to current standards, I would recommend that additional smoke detectors be added. This is a great example of a small expense that would make the home much safer.
Here is a list of
- Proper garage door operation including all safety devices
- Fire rated garage doors
- Proper fire stop installed in the garage adjacent to habitable areas of the home
- Vermiculite in the attic
- Grab bars in the bathrooms
- Proper lighting in the hallways and stairs
- Properly installed and maintained railings including baluster spacing
- Safety glass installed in required areas
- Tripping hazards
- Proper dryer vents
- Smoke and CO detectors
- Fire extinguishers
Let Home Scan Inspections make sure the home you love is going to be safe and sound for your family well into the future.